Transition Town Totnes is looking for two new Trustees with experience of working in the community/ charity sector. We’re looking for people involved in the fields of social change and environmental sustainability, facilitation, organisational strategy, and/or Charity Financial Management.
Have you got the passion, enthusiasm, and experience to make a difference to our organisation as we evolve and innovate? We currently have 5 Trustees whose broad experience includes: law, education, environmental policy, health, coaching and organisational management. The Board of Trustees works to ensure the charity is properly governed and managed, and to provide strategy, scrutiny, and support.
We're a community-led charity with over 16 years’ experience enabling local people to take positive community action in response to our global crises. We do this through participatory and educational projects promoting a low-carbon, sustainable, economically resilient, and healthy society. Our short and long-term projects engage hundreds of residents each year with practical, community-level actions across a range of themes, which includes:
With our support, these groups form a movement that innovates models of community leadership and systems thinking across different sectors, whilst simultaneously working towards a common vision:
‘To build a happy, healthy, caring community that is environmentally, economically, and socially resilient in a changing world’.
We'd love to hear from people with the skills and experiences which we believe would be useful to the board at this stage in our development:
· Experience of working to develop and evolve a grassroots organisation or small charity
· Experience of Finance and Accountancy within a charity
· Experience of contributing to cultural change
· Experience of fund raising or well networked with those who could assist with fundraising
· Experience of evaluating and monitoring an organisation’s impact and effectiveness
· An understanding of the wellbeing and burnout support which enables sustainableactivity in the small charity sector
· Live in close proximity to Totnes
To apply please email a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com
Pictured (L to R):
Guy Erlacher-Downing, Thea Platt, Trustees Mary Coughlan-Clarke, Barbara Greenway, Charles Harrington and Nick Roberts.
For more positive news, read all about what our groups and projects have been doing. To stay up to date with everything that's going on in the Totnes Transition Movement, sign up to our regular newsletter.