Transition Town Totnes is looking for two new Trustees with experience of working in the community/ charity sector. We’re looking for people involved in the fields of social change and environmental sustainability, facilitation, organisational strategy, and/or Charity Financial Management.
Have you got the passion, enthusiasm, and experience to make a difference to our organisation as we evolve and innovate? We currently have 5 Trustees whose broad experience includes: law, education, environmental policy, health, coaching and organisational management. The Board of Trustees works to ensure the charity is properly governed and managed, and to provide strategy, scrutiny, and support.
We're a community-led charity with over 16 years’ experience enabling local people to take positive community action in response to our global crises. We do this through participatory and educational projects promoting a low-carbon, sustainable, economically resilient, and healthy society. Our short and long-term projects engage hundreds of residents each year with practical, community-level actions across a range of themes, which includes:
- Local economy
- Health and wellbeing
- Housing, building, energy, and transport
- The arts
- Waste & resources
With our support, these groups form a movement that innovates models of community leadership and systems thinking across different sectors, whilst simultaneously working towards a common vision:
‘To build a happy, healthy, caring community that is environmentally, economically, and socially resilient in a changing world’.
We'd love to hear from people with the skills and experiences which we believe would be useful to the board at this stage in our development:
· Experience of working to develop and evolve a grassroots organisation or small charity
· Experience of Finance and Accountancy within a charity
· Experience of contributing to cultural change
· Experience of fund raising or well networked with those who could assist with fundraising
· Experience of evaluating and monitoring an organisation’s impact and effectiveness
· An understanding of the wellbeing and burnout support which enables sustainableactivity in the small charity sector
· Live in close proximity to Totnes
To apply please email a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictured (L to R):
Guy Erlacher-Downing, Thea Platt, Trustees Mary Coughlan-Clarke, Barbara Greenway, Charles Harrington and Nick Roberts.