Who can get involved?
Anyone! Transition Town Totnes a grassroots organisation run by dedicated individuals working for free on the issues they feel most passionately about, supported by a very small, part-time staff team. We always welcome new faces and ideas so if you are local and would like to get involved please read on.
Here are some examples of how you can get involved with Transition Town Totnes:
- Join in with an event or activity. Have a look at our events and activities calendar to find out what's going on and how to join in.
- Getting involved with one of our projects or groups - for example, helping them to organise events, raise funds, or undertake research. Check out the Groups and Projects drop down menu above, and click on a project you'd like to find out more about. Contact details for group / project coordinators are on their pages and you can contact them directly
- Creating a new project or reinvigorate a dormant one - maybe you have an idea you'd like some support with.
- Helping out at an event (e.g. on the door, or setting up, baking cakes)
- Distributing posters & leaflets
- Offering specialist skills (financial, legal, marketing, communications, fundraising or administration)
If you think you could offer any of the above we'd love to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific volunteering opportunities currently available, please read on below.
Help out at Incredible Edible´s publicly accessible edible gardens and orchards across Totnes. Whether you're a green-fingered guru or a complete beginner, everyone is welcome at the regular gardening sessions or one-off events. See the events page for details of when the next Incredible Edible event or volunteering session is.
Incredible Edible is also looking for volunteers to take a coordinating role at specific sites. If you have some knowledge of gardening and have good organising skills then we'd love to hear from you.
For more information email email@example.com
Inner Transition explores the inner dimensions of the Transition process. How does what happening inside us shape our ability to create a sustainable and healthy world? The group always welcomes new members, especially those with an interest in the personal, group and community journey towards a healthier, happier, less resource intensive way of living.
To contact us email innertransition@
If creating the new economy is your thing, get involved with the Totnes REconomy Project. Jay would love help with organising events, project design, communications, research and caring for the REconomy Centre. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TTT Film Festival
The TTT Film Festival is coordinated by a dynamic and experienced volunteer-led Steering Group who work closely together to deliver a high-quality festival focusing on themes such as community, environment, resilience – and more. If you'd like to help organise the next Film Festival please contact them via the TTT Film Festival website. There are many roles you could play and, in particular, they´re currently looking for someone to help with the book-keeping for the Film Festival.