Who can get involved?
Anyone! We're a grassroots organisation run by people from the local community. The opportunities detailed below are suitable for local people looking to get involved in TTT.
Can you spare an hour or two once or twice a month? Help promote our events by distributing posters & leaflets around the town - please contact volunteer(at)transitiontowntotnes.org
Support our events by baking a cake - please contact volunteer(at)transitiontowntotnes.org.uk if you can offer cake baking skills!
Incredible Edible Coordinator
For nearly 10 years, Wendy Stayte has been acting as coordinator (voluntarily). As she steps down next year we are looking to recruit one, or several, people to fill the role(s) of co-ordinator and gardener, to support the continuation of this fantastic project. Please click for more details.
TTT Film Festival
The TTT Film Festival is coordinated by a dynamic and experienced volunteer-led Steering Group who work closely together to deliver a high quality festival focusing on themes such as community, environment, resilience – and more. If you'd like to help at the next festival please contact them via the TTT Film Festival website.
Grown in Totnes
Grown in Totnes is a local food project that is sourcing grains, peas and beans from nearby farmers that we have built relationships with, and then processing them into edible flours, flaked grains, and whole grains. There are a number of ways to get involved. For further information please get in touch with holly(at)transitiontowntotnes.org
If creating the new economy is your thing, get involved with the Totnes REconomy Project. Jay would appreciate help with organising events, project design, communications and research, e.g. mapping the local food economy 'ecosystem'. For more information contact jay(at)transitiontowntotnes.org
Totnes 10 local food campaign
Join Myrtle in imagining and organising community-based local food events to motivate and enable people to buy good local food. Contact myrtle(at)transitiontowntotnes.org or 01803 867358
- Get creative about how to communicate our message and encourage pledge sign ups
- Work with local farmers and food producers to collaborate on events and activities to sell and promote local food
- Help to organise this years Forking Local Food Festival, taking place Sept 2018.
- Get involved with a combination of office work and (actual) field work
Other ways to get involved:
- Helping out at an event (e.g. on the door, or setting up)
- Creating a new project or reinvigorating a dormant one - perhaps you've got an idea you'd like some support with!
- Offering specialist skills (financial, legal, marketing, communications, fundraising or business administration experience)
- Developing a volunteer coordinator/support role
For general enquiries about getting involved email email@example.com