Mentoring and Wellbeing Support
If you are active in the Transition movement you will know that the movement is growing exponentially and that this can be both exhilarating and demanding. “Sustainability” and “community resilience building” are at the heart of the movement as a whole, so Mentoring is offered to support the individual resilience of those working in the movement.
We carry a great responsibility at this time. To be as effective as we can be we need to feel nourished and supported. Feedback from those already using the scheme suggests that Transition Mentoring is hugely appreciated, both as a personal support and in that participants feel enabled to be even more effective in their work for Transition.
There are TWO SCHEMES operating at present to support Individual Resilience:
1. TRANSITION MENTORING
These one to one sessions offer:
- A chance/opportunity to explore how personal issues affect work and the effect of work issues on personal life
- Privacy and confidentiality (creating the freedom to express thoughts or feelings that do not seem pc)
- Trust and respect – to help find the inner resources to ride the ‘ups and downs’ more effectively
- Provide a regular space for reflection
- A place to speak freely in a non-judgmental atmosphere about successes and challenges.
- An opportunity to explore how satisfied you are that you are being effective
- To look at whether feel you are doing ‘enough' or 'too much', and strategies for managing stress
- A chance to celebrate your successes and what you do well
- A chance to reflect on the balance between work and other parts of your life (family, hobbies, paid work)
- An opportunity to explore interpersonal and group dynamics.
If you would like to find a mentor or talk further about the service please contact Lindsey Stewart 07968416234, or Suzanne Dennis 07796925558
There is a message service if we are not available when you call.
All Transition coaches are trained and experienced professionals and choose to contribute their time and skills to TTT free of charge.
2. PHYSICAL WELLBEING SUPPORT
This scheme offers a number of complementary therapies to soothe, relax, ease stresses and build resilience.
We have five different complementary therapists (all fully qualified), who kindly offer free massage, cranio-sacral therapy, homeopathy and zero-balancing with kinesiology, as a gift to TTT. Because these are all therapists who are also earning a living, some of whom already give their time at *The Natural Health Centre, [see below], there will be a limited amount of time that each practitioner is able to offer, some once a week, others once a month; but even if you have to wait your turn, everyone gets a chance to benefit from this scheme! (Offers from other therapists wishing to offer their skills in any of these, or another therapy, gratefully received.)
How do I apply? By contacting Rose Kirby on 01803 849245 or 07812713170 email@example.com
*The Natural Health Centre is a community resource which offers all sorts of complementary therapies to the whole community for greatly reduced sums, as the therapists give three hours a week of their time with no payment, and the donations pay for the clinic to keep running. Anyone can receive two such treatments in a six-month period with the same therapist (although they can have two more with another therapist, and so on), or a series of six counselling sessions.
Sometimes we may offer talks or group sessions or workshops - as offers come in. Watch this space!