Mentoring and Wellbeing Support
This is project is not currently running. If you are interested in restarting this project please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are active in the Transition movement you will know that the movement is growing exponentially and that this can be both exhilarating and demanding. “Sustainability” and “community resilience building” are at the heart of the movement as a whole, so Mentoring is offered to support the individual resilience of those working in the movement.
We carry great responsibility at this time. To be as effective as we can be we need to feel nourished and supported. Feedback from those already using the scheme suggests that Transition Mentoring is hugely appreciated, both as personal support and in that participants feel enabled to be even more effective in their work for Transition.
There is a scheme operating at present to support Individual Resilience:
1. TRANSITION MENTORING
- A chance/opportunity to explore how personal issues affect work and the effect of work issues on personal life
- Privacy and confidentiality (creating the freedom to express thoughts or feelings that do not seem pc)
- Trust and respect – to help find the inner resources to ride the ‘ups and downs’ more effectively
- Provide a space for reflection
- A place to speak freely in a non-judgmental atmosphere about successes and challenges.
- An opportunity to explore how satisfied you are that you are being effective
- To look at whether feel you are doing ‘enough' or 'too much', and strategies for managing stress
- A chance to celebrate your successes and what you do well
- A chance to reflect on the balance between work and other parts of your life (family, hobbies, paid work)
- An opportunity to explore interpersonal and group dynamics.
If you would like to find a mentor or talk further about the service please contact Suzanne Dennis
All Transition coaches are trained and experienced professionals and choose to contribute their time and skills to TTT free of charge.