Ways to get involved
If you want to build a stronger community and create more sustainable ways to live, join us! We're a grass-roots community group moatly run by volunteers. Anyone can be involved, whatever your interests, skills or experience.
How can you get involved?
- Check out the volunteer opportunities
- Come along to any of the events on our calendar and make some connections.
- Join a Transition Tour - this is a great way to get an overview of TTT (tours take place between May and Sept each year)
- If you're visiting, please see our 'Visiting Totnes' page
Here are some examples of how you can help with TTT projects:
- Getting involved with one of our projects or groups - for example, helping them to organise events, raise funds, or undertake research
- Helping out at an event (e.g. on the door, or setting up)
- Baking cakes for events
- Distributing posters & leaflets
- Create a new project or reinvigorate a dormant one - perhaps you've got an idea you'd like some support with!
- Planting & pruning - helping to care for the community edible beds and fruit & nut trees (would you like to be a tree guardian?)
- Offering specialist skills (financial, legal, marketing, communications, fundraising or business administration experience)
Long Term Volunteering Placements?
If you are interested in a carrying out a placement at TTT please give us as much notice as possible. We accept placements for 3 - 6 months.
TTT can't offer work-exchange (accommodation), but recommend that if you are interested in this that you check the WWOOF UK and Help Exchange websites. Rental accommodation can be found via this local Facebook group and websites such as Spareroom and Gumtree.
Remember, there are many Transition initiatives globally who could benefit from an extra pair of hands to help, not just the 'bigger' or more well known initiatives like TTT. Please check out the map on the Transition Network website.
For all enquiries about getting involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org