Our sister organisation, Transition Homes Community Land Trust is recruiting:
Part/time Charity Administrator role
Transition Homes CLT is seeking to appoint a part-time (one day per week) self-employed administrator for an initial period of 6 months, with the intention of extending the position subject to funding. The CLT has planning permission for a development of 27 homes in Dartington and is looking to start on site in spring 2019.
This is an exciting role with a small grassroots local charity working on a cutting-edge project involving the development of low cost, low carbon housing with integrated food production, compost toilets, community facilities, and renewable energy. The administrator will support the running of the organisation and delivery of the project.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce, and are willing to consider flexible working arrangements.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV detailing relevant experience and how you meet the person specification to Nicola Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Friday October 26th. Interviews will be held on Friday November 2nd (please advise in your application if you are unavailable on this date) and the successful candidate will start as soon as possible. To discuss the role please contact Nicola by email or on 01803 867358.
The administrator will be based at the Transition Town Totnes office in Totnes and the pay will be £21,500 pro-rata (i.e. £2,150 for one day a week for 6 months). The administrator will work closely with our project manager and responsibilities will include:
Supporting the project manager with:
- marketing, communications & outreach
- implementing our social impact framework
- developing an education & training programme
- trustee recruitment & volunteer recruitment and management
Making arrangements and liaising with others including:
- Organising and attending events
- Monitoring and arranging site maintenance
- Reporting to funders and others
- Liaising with partners and stakeholders
- Managing CLT membership & supporters
Ensuring our compliance with:
- Data protection
- Charity governance and organisational policies
Carrying out administrative tasks including:
- Banking, invoicing, payroll, record-keeping
- Obtaining quotes, arranging insurance, bonds
- Attending meetings and taking minutes
- Preparing reports for trustees, funders etc
- Handling general enquiries & potential residents’ enquiries
- Office administration – printing, filing, post, etc
- Other administrative tasks as required for project delivery
It will be necessary to attend some meetings and other events outside office hours.
Applicants need to be enthusiastic, efficient with a good eye for detail, and comfortable dealing with a wide variety of tasks in a fast moving environment. You’ll be organised and self-motivated, and able to prioritise and manage your own workload. Experience in the field of housing, finance, and/or charity administration, and an understanding of affordable housing development would be an advantage but are not essential. You will be a good communicator, both verbally and in writing, and have experience in the following IT programs/platforms: Microsoft Office (Essential), Dropbox (D), Mailchimp (Desirable), WordPress (D), Thunderbird (D), HMRC PAYE tools (D). Some training can be provided but as this is a primarily computer-based job, confidence with IT and willingness to learn are essential.
Transition Homes Community Land Trust
Company number: 07849843
Registered charity: 1161033
If you are interested in volunteering or internships with Transition Town Totnes please email email@example.com.