Transition Town Totnes was formed in September 2006 as a company limited by guarantee registered with Companies’ House under company number 06287039, and is a registered charity, number 1138865.
The Board of Trustees
The Trustees of the charity are as follows:
- Carole Ann Crellin-Whitty
- Charles Harrington
- Sally Anne Croft
- Julian Summerhayes
- Julie Boultby
- Tony Lopez
- Stephen Titcombe
The Charity Trustees are also the Company Directors. All participation is voluntary and all positions are elected annually at an AGM, although the Board of Trustees has the right to co-opt a new trustee during the year if the Board thereby gains a needed skill.
Their key roles are:
- To agree an annual budget and ensure that legal, financial, HR and other requirements are met, in particular to maintain accounting records, and to produce annual accounts and an annual report.
- To review the match between the charitable purposes and the organisation’s activities and to regularly review the governing document.
- To consider the future sustainability of the organisation – balancing what is needed now with what will be needed in the future, actively considering options relating to diversification and income generation, ensuring that funding strategies comply with good practice and ethical considerations.
- To ensure that the funding/financing strategy is implemented effectively.
- Download our accounts and Trustees' report for the year end 31st August 2015
- Download accounts and Trustees' report for year end 31st August 2014
- Download accounts and Trustees' report for year end 31st August 2013
The Core Group
In keeping with our democratic principles, at the heart of the organisation is the Core Group which meets monthly and comprises of a representative from each theme/project group and board of Trustees, as well as TTT support staff. The role of the Core group is:
- To set the strategic direction for the organisation and agree the evolution of the organisation, as well as coordinating its activity
- To provide the capacity, resources and funding to implement the aims and objectives of the organisation
- To support all participants, including all volunteers and paid staff
- To agree communications to build coherence
Download the Minutes of our recent core group meetings from 2016: