Celebrate harvest with us this Sunday, 21st August, at Mike Roger's farm in Beeson!
You'll be able to see crops in the field, some harvested grains, and with luck the harvest in action (weather dependent), plus the grain store and some of the processing equipment. We also have some exciting news, which you'll be the first to hear!
The day will end with a BBQ: we will serve up some of our finest locally sourced foods, including meat, vegetable kebabs, salads, ice cream and cider, beer and apple juice. Note that the event is entirely dependent on the weather and if it is raining heavily we will postpone!
A rough plan for the afternoon is:
1pm to leave Totnes
1.45pm - arrive at Mike's
2.15pm Tour of the farm
4pm Refreshments and a bit of entertainment
5pm – 7pm BBQ* and drinks
If you would like to come to our Harvest celebration please email our new intern Fie – email@example.com to book a place, as places are limited.
Please provide the following information:
- We want to encourage everyone to car share, please state whether you are driving and able to offer lifts (either one way, or return), or if you are in need of a lift
- How many of you are coming
- Whether you will join us for the BBQ* and whether you would like meat or a vegetarian option.
* We are asking for £10 to cover our costs, drinks will be charged separately. £5 under 12s, under 5s free.
We have estimated that 35 tonnes of crops which will be harvested for Grown in Totnes this year! These include:
- 3 types of naked oat
- 2 types of wheat
- 3 types of spelt
- Mazlin ( a combination of wheat and rye)
- Green peas
- Yellow peas