Reception at the Civic Hall opens at 1pm - tickets are available on the door. Tickets for the evening session are available from 6.30pm for £5.
This year's event will run from 2pm to 10pm, so if you're working during the day you won't miss all the fun as you can join the evening session.
2pm the day begins…
- Rhodri Samuel, ceo of Dartington Trust will help us get the day started with an interesting and
inspiring talk – perhaps offering a glimpse into the emerging new vision for Dartington. Four of our past Community of Dragons pitcher are enterprises located on the estate – GroCycle,School Farm CSA, The Living Projects, and Green Funeral Company. Who’s next?
- Be Like a Bee – Super fun and super productive. Share needs and offers. Meet people you need to meet. Learn what you need to learn. A most important part of the day. It’s ‘open space’ but a few pre-organised sessions will be announced, soon.
- Delicious local supper included, prepared by The Kitchen Table. And through the afternoon, they’ll have the cafe running, offering a variety of baked morsels, tea and coffee. Meanwhile, the über green Bean Bug will be serving espresso drinks from their pedal-powered mobile cafe. And our favourite craft brewer, New Lion Brewery will open the taps. Will Circular Stout make a comeback? The Oat Mild? You’ll have to come and find out.
- Our evening keynote – we really pleased to welcome activist and entrepreneur, Jonny Gordon-Farleigh.
He founded Stir To Action, a Bridport-based enterprise, while in his 20s. It runs workshops and short courses on the new economy, and supports new start-ups through crowdfunding, project planning and legal registration. He is also founding editor of STIR magazine, a quarterly promoting community-led change. He speaks on the new economy and is a founding member of the Young Co-operators Network.
- The Community of Dragons – Everyone is welcome to become a community dragon.Everyone can be an investor. Regular people – just like you and me – can invest their financial resources, skills, time, connections and caring to support the kinds of enterprises we want to see in our community. It’s that simple. And who’s pitching for local support and investment? We will see! Deadline for expressions of interest is April 1. If you want to pitch, please get in touch, soon. Send an email to: email@example.com
- LEF5 After Party – we’re really pleased to have New Lion Brewery offering their craft brew again, this year. And a very special treat – Sea Change Festival DJ Set by Drift Records. The Sea Change is an amazing new Totnes event launching in August – films, literature, talks and plenty of music across five venues.
… 10pm and we’re outta here, a littler wealthier, a little wiser.
For full details on this year's event, visit the LEF website.