Food-Link Manager, Transition Town Totnes
18.5 hours per week
£25,000 pa pro rata
Fixed term contract for 3 years
Closing date: Friday, 25th September 2015, 5.30pm
Interview date: 2nd October 2015
Transition Town Totnes (TTT) is a charity that seeks to identify those aspects of life needed by the community to sustain itself and thrive by building resilience to help mitigate the effects of peak oil, economic change and climate change.
TTT’s Food-Link project over the last 3 years has worked with a growing network of local producers, processors, restaurateurs and retailers with the aim of improving resilience in the local food supply. This work led to the development of Grown in Totnes, a project that aims to broaden the variety of locally grown food to include grains and legumes.
We are now looking to appoint a Food-Link Manager to build on the work done so far by Food-Link and to support Grown in Totnes.
You will be a dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal, communication and financial management skills and the ability to relate to businesses across the local food sector.
You will be expected to:
- Devise and implement a campaign to encourage householders to shift 10% of their food spend to local food producers and processors.
- Plan and run a range of events that bring local producers together with local customers, both domestic and commercial.
- Work with retailers, restaurateurs and other stakeholders to create a brand that identifies local food across the town and environs.
- Support Grown in Totnes, as it develops.
Job description & person specification: Download
Thank you for your interest in the post of Food-Link Manager with Transition Town Totnes. This is an exciting opportunity within an organisation that’s creating positive change.
Please read this information carefully and if you would like to be considered for the post, send us:
- a copy of your CV, including contact information for 2 referees;
- a covering letter clearly explaining how you meet the person specification, and please also include details of where you heard about this post
Your application should be emailed to Holly Tiffen at email@example.com by 5.30pm on 25th September 2015.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview in Totnes on 2nd October, please save the date in your diaries as we have a very tight turn around between shortlisting candidates and the interview date. If you have not heard from us by 30th September please assume that you have not been invited for interview. Unfortunately we are not able to contact unsuccessful applicants.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.