The 2014 Local Entrepreneur Forum will be held on May 13th at the Totnes Civic Hall, from 9:30am-4:30pm.
9:30 - Welcome and speakers
- Julie Carthy, Unltd. - Unltd. offers support and funds for social enterprises!
- Fiona Ward, REconomy Project - innovations for local economic resilience
10:30 - Bee like a Bee
- This innovative networking session creates opportunities for everyone to learn what they need to learn and meet who they need to meet. Super valuable part of the day!
1:00 - Fabulous Local Lunch
- Acclaimed local culinary artists The Kitchen Table craft our delicious lunch from locally sourced ingredients.
2:00 - Local Leaders in the Circular Economy
- We check in with local innovators Food in Community, Fungi Futures, REstore, Tresoc, and special guest.
2:30 - Community of Dragons
- Five excellent ventures looking for community support - financial resources, non-financial assets of various description, mentor help, expert skills, 'well being support'. Here's our opportunity to invest what we can in locally grown innovation. Projects will be announced soon!
4:00 - Networking reception hosted by New Lion Brewery
- The New Lion Brewery pitched at the very first Local Entrepreneur Forum and promised then to offer its locally-brewed beer at this year's event. And here they are right on schedule. And what a fitting way to wrap up what will be a fantastic day.
Criteria for Pitching to the Community of Dragons
We have slots for 4 or 5 entrepreneurs to pitch their projects to the Community of Dragons. This is a great opportunity to raise the profile of your venture, as well as to gain financial and or/non-financial investment and support. Our criteria for choosing which ventures will pitch:
- enterprise is ethical, sustainable and appropriately local
- demonstrates competence through business plan and/or track record
- 'investment' required would allow venture to 'get to the next level' - investment could be financial and/or non-financial.
- ideally would operate in one or more of the sectors identified in the Local Economic Blueprint - food, renewable energy, housing, health & care
- contributes to the long-term resilience of the community
One slot is reserved for a youth-led enterprise. We'll choose which projects pitch based on those that best meet the above criteria. Whether projects get to pitch or don't, the day is designed so that everyone benefits. To be considered, please send an email to Jay Tompt - email@example.com