Weekly Group Starting 17/10/12 12.30 – 1.30pm at the Forge Yoga Centre, Collins Road, Totnes TQ9 5PJ
On 18/9/12 Andrew Harvey, author of “The Hope: A Guide to Sacred Activism” provided a stimulating and inspiring evening at the Methodist Church in Totnes. Following his talk, the Inner Transition group has decided to offer a weekly group offering regular practices to help us face times of change and challenge.
In answer to a question from the audience, Andrew outlined 5 types of regular practices that he uses and recommends, that help him remain resilient. These are:
- Cool Practices: centring and calming activities to ground ourselves in peace, such as breathing, walking and relaxation.
- Hot Practices: heart opening practices to evolve our growth between the ego and eternal self, linking our hearts with all of life; such as the Buddhist practices of Tonglen.
- Simple Prayer Practices to align ourselves with the All, such as “Not my will but thine”.
- Body Practices for integrating light, energy and consciousness into the physical body, such as heart yoga, and dancing in sacred celebration.
- Ongoing shadow work, for us to acknowledge and integrate the disowned parts of ourselves and avoid projecting them upon others.
The “Time to Breathe” group will provide simple practices that you can do on your own as well as at the group and hold space for relaxation, growth and self-nurturance. Over time, regular attendees will have a range of tools for personal use that include:
- Breathing and meditation techniques for opening the heart
- Methods for relaxation and unwinding
- Breathing to process emotions (no discussion required)
- Practices for integration, grounding and centring
The group will be led by Hilary Bee, who has worked in health and healing, with public health care providers as well as private practice for over 30 years. For contact information see Events
The first session is on 17/10/12, donation only.
The group will continue weekly, cost £3