Transition Homes Community Land Trust has submitted a planning application for a development of 27 affordable, eco-homes on a site near Dartington village.
This page provides information on the application, registering your interest as a potential resident of the site, and our contact details.This page will be updated with relevant news and information about the CLT and the proposed development, including volunteer opportunities when we get to the construction stage.
February 2016 - view and comment on our planning application
Our planning application was submitted in December and has now been validated by South Hams District Council, who began their formal consultation on 2nd February. The application is available for viewing and comment on their website*, which contains the site and house plans.
There are many documents on their website which were submitted with the planning application. The planning statement is the key document for an overview of all aspects of the project. You can read it on the SHDC or read it here.
* If you are using a smart phone, the link will not work. Please search South Hams planning via Google, and in their search facility enter '2927/15' under application number.
We encourage anyone living locally to comment on the application during the consultation period, which ends March 2nd.
The main aim of the project is to provide affordable, sustainable housing for local people in housing need. The application includes plans for 19 affordable houses, with 8 market houses which are required to generate income to help pay for the affordable homes.
The key features of the development include:
- 27 terraced homes: 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
- a community building, and plant room for a wood-fuelled boiler
- highly sustainable development using low-carbon materials and technologies to minimise environmental impact
- highly energy efficient homes resulting in low energy costs for residents
- 19 affordable homes for local people in housing need, with 8 market homes
- high quality construction – not ‘cheap’ housing – using local, natural building materials, and local tradespeople and suppliers
- not 'just' a housing development: the site includes food growing areas; renewable energy; community orchard and coppice; shared facilities including a village green, community hub, and laundry; training & education opportunities for locals, building a new community
- improved biodiversity of the site: hedgerow management and new hedges, native tree planting, orchard, wetland areas, wildflower meadow, nesting for birds and bats
- community led, not-for-profit. Transition Homes CLT is a registered charity, and the project is run by local volunteers.
After South Hams' consultation period ends on March 2nd, they will then make a decision by May 3rd. Once planning has been granted, we will start the allocations process - you are able to register your interest in living at Clay Park. Please visit Becoming a resident to find our more.
If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact:
By post: Transition Homes CLT, Staverton room, The Mansion, Fore St, Totnes, TQ9 5RP
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 01803 867358 (Nicola Lang, project coordinator, or Mary Popham)
Find out more
Click here for more news and information on Transition Homes.
Transition Homes Community Land Trust
Company number: 07849843
Registered charity: 1161033